MIEL, an Investment and Development Holding Company offers high level knowledge-based services at the Russian Real Estate market since 1991. MIEL operates through 26 branches in Moscow and 5 in Moscow Region (Balashikha, Mytishchi, Naro-Fominsk, Serpukhov, Khimki). In other Russian regions, MIEL has representative offices in Obninsk, Sochi, and 2 in Saint Petersburg. The MIEL Franchisee network currently numbers 10 offices in Omsk, Barnaul, and Tyumen.
Values of the Brand
MIEL Investment and Development Holding Company sets the standards in the sphere of intellectual services, builds up longterm relations with clients, and creates conditions for the employees’ professional potential development.
Following these approach, the Company works to achieve the strategic goals: to strengthen MIEL’s leadership positions on the market and justify the expectations of people accustomed to high-class professional services of the international standards.
MIEL’s creative and pragmatic corporate culture based on values that distinguish the holding company from the other players on the real estate market helps to achieve these goals.
MIEL’s values are:
- Respect for individuality freedom: ‘We see a great resource for the company in the individuality of every employee and promote it. We build successful alliances while sincerely appreciating the contribution of everyone in the common cause’.
Acceptance through firsthand experience: ‘We believe in the strength of personal immersion. To be personally immersed means to understand the interests and desires of the other person, sense the specifics of his views and strivings, his passion’.
- Development: ‘We know how to reinvent ourselves and not sit on our laurels. We improve ourselves to meet the requirements of the market, to stay a step ahead of our client. We lead in the understanding of the essence of modern services’.
- Style: ‘Our style is our professional signature, it reflects our attitudes towards business and life. This is our creative contribution to the creation of a new style services, which is first-class service’.
- Trust: ‘This is the result of our work, the criteria by which we measure the level of our professionalism. Our view is that the one will remain with you for whom you will be a person, not a machine, not an information resource, not an executor, but an ally and partner’.
Innovations & Promotion
The real estate market trends observed in 2005–2006 pointed to the need for an innovative path for any structure that strives for success on this market. For the MIEL holding company, innovation is the way to determine what the market will look like tomorrow. In the process of evolution from a real estate agency to an investment and development holding company, MIEL accumulated a significant knowledge base comprising the company’s intellectual capital. During a qualitatively new stage of development, MIEL has shifted the pole of interests from sales and completed transactions to the provision of services being the pioneer in the intellectual leadership on the real estate market. In 2006, MIEL determined a formula for success that is intrinsic to a civilized market leader and was the first to put its client on the top of the pyramid of values. Mutual relation between the client and the holding company is source of information about clients in all market segments. It is impossible for outside observers to sense the market and correctly understand trends and processes.
Nowadays MIEL provides consulting services within the frames of its all businesses. The numbers gives a clear evidence of demand for the services: In 2006, investment consulting services were provided for ten commercial estate projects, the floor space of these facilities exceeded 973,000 m2, and the total amount of recommended investments reached $1,914 billion.
For leading real estate companies, the wave of the future will be large-scale projects and integrated solutions that will allow increasing business efficiency. Consequently, MIEL experts offer the market a number of new business technologies such as Private Property Management. The decision to start franchising system development is also innovative because it solves one of the most important problems for any large player on the real estate market – being just one step away from the client.
Economy & Finance
Investment as an independent line of business for real estate agencies emerged relatively recently – in the late 1990s. That was also when MIEL began to get involved in investment projects. In 2006, investment became one of the most important lines of business, and today the scale of MIEL investment activity is already measured in the billions of dollars.
Based on the results of 2006, the company held 6,6% of the new construction market of the Moscow Region and 4,4% of the secondary real estate market. By 2010, MIEL plans to hold 10% of the regional real estate market.
Besides investments in city real estate, the company is currently developing three business- and premium-class suburban settlements with total area of construction about 212,000 m2. In 2006 the total volume of MIEL’s transactions in the primary suburban real estate amounted to $365,4 million.
Achievements & Prospects
In 2006, the Independent Expert Council of the Superbrands International program entitled MIEL a Superbrand of the Russian market for the third year in a row.
In 2006, CJSC MIEL Real Estate, one of the holding companies, was listed in ‘Expert-400’ annual rating of major companies.
In 2006, Grigory Kulikov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of MIEL Holding Company, led ‘Professional Services’ category of 500 TOP-managers of Russia rating prepared by the Association of Managers of Russia and the Kommersant Publishing House. Some senior managers of MIEL-Real estate were included in the TOP-1000 list, as well.
In 2006, MIEL-Brokerage won the First All-Russian Contest among participants of ‘Affordable and Comfortable Housing for Citizens of Russia’ national project and was acknowledged as the best company in residential mortgage lending.
In 2006, Grigory Kulikov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the MIEL Holding Company, was nominated for the annual Aristos prize in the category of ‘Best Top- Manager’.
The 12th Annual ‘KAISSA-2006’ Interregional Public Contest in the sphere of real estate was held by the Association of Realtors of St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast, and MIEL St. Petersburg became a winner of ‘Best Contribution by a Real Estate Agency to the of Advanced Technologies Development on the Real Estate Market of St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast’ category.
At the 3rd ‘Real Estate, Mortgage and Investments 2006’ Exhibition, MIEL Real Estate (Omsk) received the gold medal and award for active participation in the formation of the civilized estate market in the Omsk region.
At the 9th Real Estate National Congress, MIEL Real Estate in the city of Omsk and MIEL Real Estate in the city of Barnaul received the awards of Professional Recognition in the category of ‘Best Brokerage Company on the Mortgage Transactions Market 2006’.
Things you didn’t know about MIEL
The MIEL hot air balloon:
- was born in 2006 in the city of Brno, the Czech Republic
- began to fly practically from birth
- completed its first flight in Switzerland at a hot air balloon festival at the Chateau d’Oex alpine resort. was awarded three gold bars – the prize of the Swiss bank BSVG, the sponsor of the event
- received the title Golden Broker
- took part in the ‘Smolensk Diamonds’ international hot air balloon sport tournament
- at 8th FIA World Hot Air Airship Championship and International Balloon Fiesta in Tsarskoye Selo showed the best result among the Russian teams and took 4th place
- character features: fast, sure, goal-oriented
- interests: looking beyond the horizon
Main projects of 2006
M.O.N.A.K.O.V.O de-luxe cottage village; Akademdom; the Volzhsky Micro district; Grand-Park and Privat Skver residential complexes; Solntsegrad District; Yaroslavl-City shopping and office center.